Re: [TowerTalk] Resonant freqs for KT-34XA?

To: <>,"Robert Katz" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Resonant freqs for KT-34XA?
From: "Michael Tope" <>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:01:19 -0800
From: "Robert Katz" <>
> Does anybody have resonance measurements for each element of a KLM
> I bought a used one and it doesn't tune up on 15m and 20m.  In
> measuring the resonant frequencies, the front driven element looks
> fine (freqs a bit above the band), but the rear driven element has
> funny looking readings (a bit below on 10m, waaaay below on 15m, and
> in the band on 20m).

Here is some data that I took a few years ago when I was rebuilding
one of those beasts along with data that Mike Stahl K6MYC sent
me from his KLM design notebook (Mike designed the KT34XA when
he was at KLM):

UseK6MYC's notebook data for your comparison. He tested each
element up 28 feet with a balun. I only had mine 10 ft above the roof
of the facility where I was testing (the purpose of my test was just to
make sure that there weren't any gross problems with the traps in
each element).

Good Luck!!

Mike, W4EF.............

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.