[TowerTalk] EX14 quiz?

To: "towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EX14 quiz?
From: <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:45:01 +0100
Hi everyone,
I´m thinking in update my old antenna system. I´m a proud owner of an old
HyGain Explorer antenna wich has been up for almost 14 years. I´ve recently put
my antenna down for maintenance and looks good appart of some bad/dark colour
on the aluminium tubes. Having the antenna down in the garden I´ve studing the
possibility of a change. I got a friend who has got a Force XR5 and he´s happy
with his purchase but talking with other hams at our weekly meeting they advice
me not to change my antenna if works out well.
I can´t use WARC bands actually due to my license restriction but would do it
in the future. What I´d like to know if that it would be reasonable to spend a
few bucks refurbishing my old and reliable Explorer or if you think would be
better to set up a trap less yagi like XR5. I have to admit that if I do so I
will expect for an antenna that work much better than my old do
you think XR5 would be a good election?...Thanks for your replies in advance.
EC1CWG Fernando
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.