Re: [TowerTalk] OT about QSL.NET

To: DF3KV <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT about QSL.NET
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:42:19 -0800 (PST)
Actually, ip uses a 4-tuple to identify connections: 2 ports and 2 ip
addresses. The port on the server end for http is 80, not the client

So if someone is probing port 80, that means they're looking for a web
server on your end. It has nothing to do with running Internet Explorer
or Mozilla.

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, DF3KV wrote:

Now, Norton Internet
Security is informing me that QSL.NET (or someone claiming to be
is probing port address 80 on my computer trying to gain access...

port adresses

80/tcp    World Wide Web HTTP
80/udp    World Wide Web HTTP

looks quite normal, you will not get that if you stay away from
websites  ;-)

it is the transferprotocol  between the webserver you are adressing
and the web browser on your PC

-- Hisashi T Fujinaka - BSEE(6/86) + BSChem(3/95) + BAEnglish(8/95) + MSCS(8/03) + $2.50 = latte _______________________________________________