[TowerTalk] kt34xa torque balancing

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] kt34xa torque balancing
From: "Jim Jarvis" <>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:28:12 -0500

A computer program will not estimate drag from the complex
shape of the kt34 traps any better than a seat-of-the-pants

Without a doubt, the program which W0UN suggests will do much
of what one needs, and more....but I doubt it will estimate the
effective windload of sequential tubes, like the kt34 traps.
Turbulence is complex to model.

And so, I rest my case...if my post regarding the sum-of-moments
calculation ever made it...which I never saw.

Took me 10 minutes to do the calculation, and maybe 6 bucks worth
of aluminum to make the trimtab on the front end of the beam.
Good enough to stop the tower noise and reduce the load on the

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.