Re: [TowerTalk] Torque balancing made easy,was kt34xatorque balancing

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"W0UN -- John Brosnahan" <shr@swtexas.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Torque balancing made easy,was kt34xatorque balancing
From: "K8RI on Tower Talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 01:33:12 -0500
I worry more about resonances in the mast and the antenna elements than torque.
I have room to spare with the rotor, but I'm pushing the limits for height above the tower. With the wind loading even as heavy as that mast is, the thing really whips around. I'm surprised the 144 and 440 arrays haven't come apart already.

I'd like to replace the old TH-5 with a good 40 through 10 beam with at least 3 near full size elements on 40. If I do that I'll probably take the 144 and 440 arrays down so I'll just have the HF plus 6-meters above it.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com