Re: [TowerTalk] Next step in installing tower: underground power

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Next step in installing tower: underground power
From: chris <chris@fite.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:46:33 -0500
John WA2GO wrote:
Hi Chris,

I am about to embark on the exact same project: put up a new 108' tower about 100' away from power lines, so I am going to bury the power lines. So it's 30 inches, eh? What about the transformer, are you going to bury one of those too? I need to do that - I have a defective one that is making an S8 buzz on 10M right now, and even after they replace it, I want it underground.
Are you digging the trench or paying somebody to do it? If the latter, how long is the trench and what is it costing, just so I can prepare myself for the big hit.

Thanks!

John
WA2GO