RE: [TowerTalk] geo888@cs.com

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <jp@ezoom.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,<k6rix@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] geo888@cs.com
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:37:32 -0000
Even having a whole email bounce with the headers won't help.  The missing
link is what address this guy was using when he subscribed to the list.
That address was obviously a 3rd party forwarding service that is still
trying to forward to his geo888 address that doesn't exist.  The headers
apparently don't list the intermediate address that the list is actually
sending to.

The only way I can think of tracking this is to play spammer, take the raw
group list and send each member a unique message then see which one comes
back...

That being said, there may be another way with the assistance of someone at
contesting.com... they send a monthly reminder of what lists you are on,
your 'secret' password, etc...  this message includes your email address as
known by the list.  If they can capture the bounces sent from this mailing
they should be able to identify the errant address.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net