[TowerTalk] Probelms with Modeling a LPDA

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Probelms with Modeling a LPDA
From: "William Turini" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:16:43 -0800
During the holiday break I took the opportunity to clean and assemble my KLM
10-30 LPDA. Once I had it all assembled, the tower up and folks scheduled to
help me mount it on the tower, it snowed!  So I postponed mounting the
antenna on the tower and decided to make good use of the downtime by
modeling it in NEC-Win Plus.

Hopefully I've made some horrible mistake in the input data, because I
wouldn't want to put up an antenna with the results I obtained. The SWR
looks reasonable from my past experience with the antenna, but the gain
graph looks like a dipole, i.e. no F/B ratio.

I've compared my input to other LPDA designs and can't see where I went
wrong. But then again, this is my first attempt.

Is there anyone more experienced than I who would be willing to correspond
off-line about this?

Bill   KA4GAV

Bill Turini                                     (425) 787-4477

IT & Facilities Manager

Cypress Semiconductor - Washington Design Center

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.