RE: [TowerTalk]

To: <>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk]
From: "Mike D." <>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:29:51 -0600
> From: Alan Zack []

> That would mean everyone using,
>,, etc., would be dropped.

It would mean that everyone using an alias account would have to resubscribe
using their "real" e-mail address. It would not prohibit anyone from
enjoying the benefits of TowerTalk, that is currently enjoying it.

It would also mean that the [] bounced messages would finally
stop. It would also mean that someone else's bounced messages won't start up
at a later date. It will also mean that eventually this discussion would

73 de Mike, N9BOR

di dah dit - The only Roger Beep you'll ever need.
Let your fingers do the talking - Morse code.
My designated driver is a 12BY7A.

> Mike D. wrote:
> > Jim,
> >
> > Thanks for your note. Yes, you, et al, might "like" using an alias
> > e-mail account, but that is the problem. Your unwillingness to be
> > slightly inconvenienced, when/if you ever change your
> e-mail provider
> > is probably the same reason [] subscribed using his.
> >
> > There are probably 700+ subscribers to TowerTalk. The few
> subscribers
> > using alias accounts are apparently unwilling to be personally
> > inconvenienced, yet are also bothered by NEVER ENDING
> bounces to every
> > contributor. There is no way to test every subscribed
> e-mail address.
> > If there were, the MAILMAN software would have removed the
> offending
> > address a long time ago. It is automatic-I administer seven
> Ham Radio lists using this application.
> >
> > The only practical solution is for the list administrator to
> > unsubscribe every known e-mail forwarding address and
> restrict future
> > subscriptions from those addresses.
> >
> > 73 de Mike, N9BOR
> > A-1, FISTS, JARL A-1, SMC