RE: [TowerTalk] geo888@cs.com

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] geo888@cs.com
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:52:57 -0600
Poppycock.

Why do you use your arrl.net account?  It is nothing more than an alias so
other hams can easily email you if they know your call.  For example, mine
is NM5G@arrl.net.

You don't need to subscribe to a list using this alias.  Instead, sub with
your ISP address.  If you want replies to go to your alias, change the reply
email address in your email client.  For example, if you reply to this post
you will be sending to keith@dutson.net, which is the alias I choose for all
email to me because most folks know my name.  If you change your ISP
resubscribe under your new ISP and unsub the old address.  If this seems
like a big problem, remember it is only for lists, not ALL of your email
friends.

Here are a few of the email addresses I use:
kjdutson@earthlink.net (ISP, use to sub to lists)
keith@dutson.net (preferred alias)
NM5G@arrl.net (ARRL alias)
NM5G@gtdx.com (DX alias)