[TowerTalk] Water resistant / rainproof enclosure options.

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Water resistant / rainproof enclosure options.
From: "Paul Jansen" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:51:26 -0600
Hello All,

In regard to the water resistant enclosures available at reasonable cost.

In the past I have used what are referred to as "Sportsmen's Dry Boxes".

These are plastic (possibly polypropylene?) with a hinged cover that usually
includes an o-ring type seal.  The ones I have used seem to be RF friendly -
having passed the microwave oven test with no problems.  They do not claim
that these are waterproof, but so far - they have proved to be very rain

Being of plastic type construction, they do not seem to condense water to
any great degree.  I do use a small weep hole in the lowest part of the
enclosure but so far there has been no sign of any moisture at all.

I have used these to house remote auto-tuners and antenna switching relays
with no problems.  They can be found at sporting goods stores or such as
Cabela's or Gander Mountain, etc. and can be bought for about $12 to $20

Have Fun!  73,

Paul - K9KDR

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.