Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:07:17 EST
In a message dated 1/13/2005 5:58:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time,

> I had to rule out the MONSTIR by Fluidmotion because of I could not stand
> to see $4K go down the drain due to possible strikes.

Tommy.....Most of the guys who have any of the SteppIR antennas retract the
elements during possible storm times. Not much for lightning to strike then.
Certainly much less conductive surface than anything you are planning, when the
elements are retracted.

73,Bob K8IA
Mesa, Arizona USA
near the Superstition Mtns