Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station Ground
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:42:56 -0500
I well recall the first time I was at W3LPL to set up a radio for a contest. No ground buss anywhere. I was not surprised nor was I concerned. Not many have a more sophisticated M/M station than does Frank. Experience talking there guys. Beside, radios/amps/antennas are today interconnected by coax, the braid of which is securely attached with a PL-259. What could be better? My station has a ground buss and #12 wire from each piece of equipment to the buss mainly because my amps use outboard HV supplies and I do not ever want a difference of potential between equipment in case of a fault. Has nothing to do with RF or lightening. That is what the SPG (Single Point Ground) is for. A separate chassis lead between the amp and PS would be adequate but I am a belt and suspenders kind of guy. Amp and PS have redundant chassis ground leads as well as the buss bar interconnection. 73 bob de w9ge