Re: [TowerTalk] Wires from a Freestanding Tower

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wires from a Freestanding Tower
From: Jan Erik Holm <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:31:29 +0100
Wow what a total dissaster. I really feel sorry
for N9RV!

Well, I'm not so sure. If a bunch of wire antennas
become heavily laden with ice (a situation many of our
radio brothers and sister are dealing with right now)
and wind comes up from the opposite side...  It would
make me pretty uneasy! Speaking of ice, check out some
of the recent damage at N9RV:

Really heartbreaking!

73, Stew K3ND (guyed tower owner)

--- chris <> wrote:

Unless your have a lot of tension on your wire

antennas, it seems unlikely that the strain on the tower could begin to
be significantly loading the otherwise properly erected and guyed

Chris, K4AY

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In
practice, they are different.