[TowerTalk] Fwd: Some more background on HFTA terrain data

Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Some more background on HFTA terrain data
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 03:05:46 -0500
In the light of the discussion about terrain modeling, I thought the following from N6BV would be of interest. There's a fair bit of common material in the two papers, but the second is particularly informative on the differences between DEMs and the seamless NEDs.

I've given several talks at various forums on this topic. This was for a more
general-purpose audience. This one gave
more details about using "contours" in MicroDEM to correlate the DEM and NED
databases with on-ground reality. This was given at the New England Division
Convention in Boxboro and it was an incremental improvement on the Dayton
talk, given earlier.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 12 January 2005