RE: [TowerTalk] Station Ground

To: "Paul Playford" <>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Station Ground
From: Peter Sundberg <>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 07:58:28 +0000
At 04:05 2005-01-16 , W8AEF wrote:
>PL-259's are not 50 ohms anyway.  Doesn't make any difference at HF and
>above 50 MHz we should use 50 ohm N connectors.
>de Paul, W8AEF

No, PL259's work very well even att 144 MHz and I recommend using them.

N-connectors are a BIG problem, especially in cold weather as the center
pin is pulled out of the socket, frying the connector when you apply power.
Never happens with a PL259. I have plenty of first hand experience..

73/Peter SM2CEW

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.