Re: [TowerTalk] There's 'ground', and then there's 'ground'

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] There's 'ground', and then there's 'ground'
From: "Frank Donovan" <donovanf@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:23:03 -0500
Keith,

You should use braided strap only when RF grounding or
lightning protection is not required.  Otherwise, use copper
strap, copper tubing or stranded or solid copper wire.
If you must use braid, use the 1 inch wide braid, and limit
its length to not more than one foot.

In the Amateur Electronic Supply catalog, 1.5 inch wide
copper strap is priced ($99.99/100 ft) about the same  as
1 inch wide braid ($92.99).   The 3 inch copper strap is
even better and is listed in the AES catalog at $139.99
per 100 feet.

73!
Frank
W3LPL