[TowerTalk] ground...

To: <>, <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ground...
From: "Jim Jarvis" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:56:18 -0500

> So, o'wise ones; here is my proposed layout for a ground  system at my new
> home in the dry desert at Lake Havasu City AZ.

Sounds like a good system.  If it were me, however, I would run copper strap
between all of those rods...and the house-peripheral ground would be 3"
as well...but not UNDER FOUNDATION.  Rather, I would run it 1-2' under
and cadweld it to the AC power ground rod, when you pass it.  If the AC
ground is
inside, through the slab, then it does make sense to run one strap from that
point, out to the perimeter ground.

I may be wrong, but the idea of providing a PATH under the foundation
me as directing current where you least want to have it.

I've heard similar ideas elsewhere, and will gladly yield to an expert.
But every instinct says...lead it away from the house.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.