Re: [TowerTalk] N connectors pulling off

To: <>,"Bill VanAlstyne, W5WVO" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N connectors pulling off
From: "Michael Harris" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:04:43 -0300

I'm wondering just what sort of tension these things are being subject
to.  I tend to believe that co-ax connectors are there to make
reasonably solid electrical contact, the physical stuff is sorted by
other means.  I've never had such a failure.

The jacket and braid of co-ax (not hardline) can always be pushed back
from the centre dialectric.  I try to use crimp type where available.
In the case of PL259 with soldered centre conductor and braid the two
are locked in place.

Mike VP8NO