Re: [TowerTalk] remote antenna switch

To: "Glenn Millar" <glenn@gi0kvq.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] remote antenna switch
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:01:09 -0800 (PST)
Glenn Millar said:
> Anyone know if there are any plans for a remote antenna switch on the web
> anywhere.  My tower seems to get more and more wire antennas on it and
> each
> time I seem to scratch up some coax to feed them.  However I think a
> better
> idea would be to have a quality run of coax with perhaps a backup coax
> running beside it and a remote switch.

What I do is have a switch that sends various DC voltages
down the coax for various configurations.  Relay boxes are
located at various points on the coax that sense the DC and
route the RF signal accordingly.  The DC passes through so
that all relay boxes know the current DC value and can act
accordingly.  The relay boxes sense the DC value with simple
comparators (such as LM393).  Some relay boxes branch to several
other coax runs.

Rick N6RK