FW: [TowerTalk] Frozen Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TowerTalk] Frozen Rotor
From: "Ken Kinyon" <w7ts@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:21:34 -0700

I  wonder if the mast and whatever it passes thru at the top of the tower
are different metals with different coefficients of expansion.  when it gets
cold the sleeve contracts more and binds on the mast.  A thin lubricant
might help.  however if this is the problem, the best solution would be more
slop in the fit between the two.  I would not think ice is the problem,
because it would not melt with the temperature in the teens.
73,
Ken W7TS

Kenneth E.  Kinyon
34 Princeton Circle