RE: [BULK] - RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Cutting braid

To: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>,'Paul Playford' <w8aef@worldnet.att.net>,Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>,'W2RU - Bud Hippisley' <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,'Tower Talk' <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Cutting braid
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:44:54 -0600
I don't know who wrote the second statement below (if you have to ask--) but it is pretty stupid. I think this attitude usually indicates either a lack of understanding, or an inability to communicate. I KNOW that "not pre-tinning the braid " does NOT, of itself, cause TVI and that pre-tinning does not prevent it.. I also know that anyone with this attitude will not get close to my rigs.
I invite anyone to try to convince me otherwise. I am asking.
and- yes, I have made a LOT of good Coax to PL 259 joints in the 52 years since I was first licensed.

::How does not tinning braid cause TVI?  Or how does tinning braid prevent
it?

If you have to ask, you will never know.  Just don't ask me to de TVI your
station.

::

Bill Aycock - W4BSG
Woodville, Alabama