Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please.

To: "Bernard(wtrone)" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please.
From: Phil Camera <kb9cry@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:11:15 -0600
No, you supply the power supply. Personally I have mine hooked up to a Pyramid 5 amp 0-30 volt power supply feeding my Spid over 500 ft away via #10 Romex wire (UF outdoor rated, you only need four wires, I use the Romex for power and fire control cable, 2 #18 for the positioner) and find that anything over 12 volts turns the beam a little too fast. Phil

Bernard(wtrone) wrote:

Thanks Phil and Larry! Your explanations make a lot of sense.
One additional question. Do they sell different power supplies for the rotor (the 12 to 24 volts), or is that adjustable from the rotor control box that you buy with the unit?
73,
Bernard, WA4OEJ