Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please (AlphaSpid Question).

To: "'Towertalk Reflector'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotors - your thoughts please (AlphaSpid Question).
From: "Lou Laderman" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:55:49 -0600
Some reviews on note noise issues with the AlphaSpid
controller. Here are some quotes:

NOISY - on 50MHz and on 144MHz !!

Control box: yes, generates noise on HF (signal sometimes 9), but not on
all frequencies.

Controller is making noise on HF. That`s the problem of IC`s driving
display and the display. Maybe producer will build new one with LCD
display? Noise will disappear, lower power consumption, cost is the
same. Now I have to switch off the controller every time I'm rotating
So... for controller I can give 1

Others don't mention any issues at all.  The rotor itself sounds great,
but does anybody have any experiences with the AlphaSpid controller?

Lou, KB0CJ

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.