[TowerTalk] Transfer Switches?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Transfer Switches?
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:43:43 -0500
This is more related to station building than towers and antennas, so please forgive me if this list isn't the correct one.

With the weather as flaky as it is here in Washington, DC, I'm cosidering the installation of a manual transfer switch on my AC service to allow me to hook up a generator when the power goes out (as it did this time last year).

Can anyone recommend a brand/model, and provide any sagely advice on this topic? I've seen a couple of different units, but have never seen any reviews.

Please reply off-line.

Thanks,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC