Re: RE : [TowerTalk] New FCC chariman needs to be a HAM!

To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: Re: RE : [TowerTalk] New FCC chariman needs to be a HAM!
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:55:39 -0600
At 08:41 AM 1/22/2005, Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) wrote:
Probably for the same reason that US companies are, increasingly, run by people who have no real knowledge of the company's products or production processes. At the time of the Daimler/Chrysler merger, it was said that wheras Daimler-Benz was run by engineers, Chrysler was run by "managers." So in the US people can move from running a soft-drink co. to running a computer co. or from running a car co. to running a breakfast cereal co. to running an airline.

Or, from running a baseball team to running the country.

Where do I sign up?  I'd like to run something bigger than Alpha/Power.
Maybe Fort Knox?  Or even Yaesu or Icom.

--John W0UN