Re: [TowerTalk] tower wenches (was fcc chair)

To: "Jeff Goldman" <>,"TowerTalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower wenches (was fcc chair)
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:41:33 -0500
> They talk about using a 1/2 inch ground rod.  I have read
here on TT
> that 5/8 ground rod was the size of choice.

I doubt that would make much difference, certainly not
anything significant.

> And, they state that the drill tip that is used is
slightly larger than
> the ground rod itself, which will make a hole in the soil
that is
> larger than the rod, thus reducing effective ground

I also question the claims it is BETTER than a driven rod.

They talk about a slurry. Are you sure they don't tell
people to wet down the soil as it is drilled?

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.