[TowerTalk] Installing Ground Rods was (Tower Wench)

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Installing Ground Rods was (Tower Wench)
From: "K8RI on Tower Talk" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:58:08 -0500
I still like the good old water drill. It's cheap and easy to use. I've posted it before, but I think it's germane to this discussion.
It works well in sand, clay, or clay . IOW, soil without a lot of rocks.

Another possibility, although I've not tried it would be a hammer drill. Some are large enough to chuck up a 5/8" rod.
It'd be an interesting experiment. Again, as virtually any other method, wet soil makes the installation easier.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)