Re: [TowerTalk] Installing Copper Strap In Shack

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing Copper Strap In Shack
From: Gary Schafer <>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:48:57 -0500

Keith Dutson wrote:
A load of Cu strap just arrived at the house, rolls of 3 in and 1.5 in.  The
edge of the 3 in roll is somewhat battered and will need to be straightened.
I plan to use a piece of wood and a hammer to do this while it is still
rolled up.  Then the strap will be cut to length and installed from the
station buss bar to the SPG, replacing the existing braid.

Any tips on cleaning/coating the copper to make and keep it nice and bright?
I don't want it to turn color over time if at all possible.  Also, the strap
runs across a space between the desk and wall that is accessed infrequently.
When access is required, would you just unbolt the strap, or is there a
convenient way to make a quick disconnect?  TIA

Keith NM5G

Scotch pads work well for cleaning.

Don't forget to use a copper hammer when pounding on the strap. Don't want to contaminate it with any iron.
An alligator clip will work for a quick disconnect. :>)

Gary  K4FMX