Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25

To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:46:07 -0500
Somewhere on line I found a Rohn tower calculator, from which I figured that I would have to use 65G for an unguyed 60ft. tower to hold my 3el. SteppIR (obviously bigger than a 13B2). I don't recall how much concrete that needed, but I agree with others who say that the size of the base is not the limiting factor here: it's the crumple-resistance of the tower itself.

Alan NV8A

On 01/28/05 07:48 pm Daniel Hileman tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I'm thinking of putting up about 60' of Rohn 25...for
"inverted V" support and a 13B2 on top, that's it. Any suggestions of how deep the hole should be? I'd
like it to be Free-standing if possible...I'd like a
few ideas.