[TowerTalk] How to stiffen a mast

To: "Towertalk@Contesting. Com" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to stiffen a mast
From: "Shannon Boal" <>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 02:11:30 -0000
    I use 1-1/2" solid inside 2" tubing 1/4"wall tubing, for a boom.I found
some at a scrap yard in Ocala, FL, for $2.00/#. I only reinforce the area
that is attatched to the rotor, about 2' long. I file off any burrs in my
metal lathe. It has to be a bit of a loose fit, to be assembled.
          That which does not bend, may break, YMMV
                Good luck, and God bless!
                   Shannon K4GLM

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.