Re: [TowerTalk] Bandpass filters - ICE vs Dunestar

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bandpass filters - ICE vs Dunestar
From: "David Hachadorian" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:39:49 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Lux" <>
To: "David Hachadorian" <>; "Towertalk
Reflector" <>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 5:08 PM

At 03:42 PM 1/31/2005, David Hachadorian wrote:

In the ICE design, the signal path goes through 12 sets of
relay contacts, 10 of which are normally closed. W7WW has
complained about intermittent signal dropouts on receive,
where he either has to physically smack the box, or
transmit one DIT to break through what is apparently an
insulating film on one of the normally closed relay

DO you mean that there are essentially 6 filters in series which are either in the circuit, or there's a shunt around it?

As opposed to having a (effective) 1P6T switch on each
side of a bank of parallel filters? (The latter is what is
typical in transceiver LPF sections)

That's exactly what I mean.

I didn't have any documentation when I was working on the
unit, about a year ago, but that's the way I remember the
configuration. Maybe an ICE 419 owner can confirm. They will
probably have to take the cover off to figure it out,
because there's not much in the way of support

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ