Re: [TowerTalk] HamM-IV Mounting Screws

To: Skip Prinsen W1NNI <w1nni@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HamM-IV Mounting Screws
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:25:32 -0500

On Jan 19, 2005, at 12:02 AM, Skip Prinsen W1NNI wrote:

Where can I get replacement screws for mounting my ham M-IV rotor to a rotor plate?

I went to the local Home Depot. I found stainless screws for my Ham-M rotator without a problem. These were not hex head, but slotted. I think they were 1/4", but I don't remember.

It shouldn't be a problem to find mounting screws for a rotator at any hardware store. I'd get stainless. I also used a stainless split and flat washer. I used a flat washer on each side of the rotator plate -- which helps to keep a small space between the rotator and the plate.

My rotator has been up 3.5 years with no slippage in any of the screws. (Be sure to check your mounting hardware in your annual tower inspection -- thermal cycling can work tight hardware loose)

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901