Re: [TowerTalk] Stainless bolts and rotors

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stainless bolts and rotors
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:52:47 EST
They'll break, especially when inserted into a non-stainless
environment..... ie: threads in bell housing of most all rotors.  A
chemical reaction occurs, degrades the bolt....... a three year old can
snap the head right off the bolts..... no problemo.....
73,
Zig - KM9M

A sure-fire way to stop this from happening is to put some sort of goo, like
Noalox, or lithium grease, on the bolt before inserting it.  I do that on all
my bolts on rotors, including the ones that hold the T2X rotor together.

I learned a long time ago, the hard way, how easily a stuck stainless bolt
breaks off...and the joys of getting it out.

Bill K4XS