[TowerTalk] stainless bolts freezing up

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] stainless bolts freezing up
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:05:35 EST
In a message dated 2/1/05 9:48:39 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
w8ji@contesting.com writes:
Most rotor cases are weak, soft, cast materials. I can't
imagine a quality stainless bolt galling or breaking before
the rotor housing fails.
It happened to several of mine....Hy-Gain bolts froze right up.  I have never
had it happen to any of them after applying NoAlox.

The HD 73 stainless bolts have a tendancy to do the same thing.  Not the ones
on the bottom, but the ones which hold the two sleeves which go around the
mast.  I have used NoAlox on those and the problem has never repeated.

Bill K4XS