[TowerTalk] Butternut vertical mods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Butternut vertical mods
From: "Chuck Chandler" <chchandler@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:27:54 -0500
I'm looking for some info on using a relay to switch the Butternut verticals
from 80 to 75 meters...someone mentioned they had seen a mod in one of the
ARRL Antenna Compendiums but didn't remember which.  There's a foot of snow
on the ground and I don't feel like trudging through it in my slippers with
a pair of pliers and a flashlight everytime I want to change modes.

Does anyone on the list remember which volume it's in?  I'll order the book
but would rather not buy the whole series (my luck it will be in the one
volume that's out of print.)

<Mandatory tower reference>
I'm stuck with the vertical because my tower is being taken down in
preparation for a move soon.  The vertical stays up until the last possible
moment!
</Mandatory tower reference>

73,
Chuck Chandler