Re: [TowerTalk] Help - US Tower MA-550MDP

To: "Ken Claerbout" <K4ZW@Staffnet.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help - US Tower MA-550MDP
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK)" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:59:20 -0800
I bought one of these new in 1984 when the company
was called Tristao and Lou Tristao didn't provide
anything in the way of instructions then either,
although I did get UBC calcs.  I was able to look
at the parts and think about it for while and figure
out how everything goes together.  I talked to UST
about overhauling these, and they said you might want
to inspect and replace if necessary the pulleys and
cables.  OTOH, mine is 20 years old and going strong
without any maintenance at all, except a little oil
here and there.

Rick N6RK