Re: [TowerTalk] looking for rohn J bolts

To: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>, K7LXC@aol.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] looking for rohn J bolts
From: kr7x@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:15:18 +0000
Since I was included by reference, here is my input.

Steves' comment was for another installation where after using the appropriate
stress allowable; I caclulated the load capacity of some A307(or A36) all
thread for a quick and dirty installation. The size specified was more than
strong enough for the loads.

You can get threaded rod in many grades including 4140 thru  A 307. Just
substitute the appropriate stress grade and size from Rohn and located a
supplier. For anchor bolts, the use of A449 for A325 is recommended as A325 is
a structural connection fastener.

Here are the urls for some bolt suppliers and fabricators:

www.anchor-bolt.com
www.haydonbolts.com
www.portlandbolt.com  (my favorate)
www.remcobolts.com
www.edsco.com

These should pretty much cover most of the country.

Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.

Hank Lonberg, P.E.,S.E.  / KR7X
President