[TowerTalk] Antenna installation

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna installation
From: Gene WØQFC <erastber@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:37:18 -0500
Ok, I realize that I am an old fart and I ask some dumb questions sometimes,
but the following idea came to me this morning while sucking down my fourth cup
of coffee:

After a beam has been up for awhile the elements tend to sag and in my case,
the center of the elements are slightly bent at the point they attach to the
boom.

What would the do's and don't's of just turning the u-bolt over (and of course,
the traps so the drain holes would be at the bottom). This would put the "sag"
the other way and basically straighten out the elements.

I am 'refurbing' this TA-33sr and adding a WARC kit, so I want to do it right
the first time and not have to take the ant down again becuz I forgot to do
something!

After 52 years of hamming, this is only my second beam, so sometimes an
education is in order for the old fart.

Thanks to the group and best 73

Gene, WØQFC
Spring Hill, Florida