[TowerTalk] Bowlegged towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bowlegged towers
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:41:49 -0500
Folks,

Before we get too carried away bashing Nello, or anyone
else....I acquired some new rohn 45g 4 or 5 years ago...
and found the legs wouldn't align.

It's clear that some of the mfg. jigs Rohn was using in
the 45g part of the plant were hosed.

It took more than a little persuasion to get it fixed.
I had to take the faulty section to Metalworks, have
them cut the bracing welds, re-align and reweld.

Rohn refused to even discuss the problem.

If Nello acquired the Rohn assets, and happened to use
those jigs...or perhaps the ONE bad one...they might not
know what's wrong.

I'ts a QC problem, in fact...and perhaps a consulting
opportunity in disguise, for someone so inclined.

The good news is, Metalworks, in Burlington VT is a great
vendor, and does good work, cheap.  Doesn't help folks
living elsewhere...but unsolicited praise for Mike and the
boys is always in order.

Try to find and make friends with your local metal shop.
You'll be amazed how many projects he can help with.

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org