Re: [TowerTalk] Active phased arrays.

To: "'Tom Rauch'" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Active phased arrays.
From: "Dudley Chapman" <chief@thechief.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:57:32 -0500
Tom wrote.

You must be talking about an entire receiver chain including detectors,
rather than the system Jim described. In that case you could sample
broadband noise (as long as it wasn't
"hiss") and subtract it out. Of course that involves a complex receiver
chain rather than the complex adaptive phasing system originally described.

Yes, I apologize for not making that clear.  Now I see why we have had so
many email exchanges. I am talking about a separate ADC/DDC for each array
element streaming their separate I and Q data into a common DSP where the
beamforming, filtering, and signal detection would be taking place.

Dudley - WA1X