Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Does size matter?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>, <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Does size matter?
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:04:21 -0500
Right, and carrying this line of thought further, I heard a ham in a
different part of the world (where this may not be illegal, by the way) ask
why anyone should put up big yagis when they can have a dipole and run 10KW
instead!

I know the answer to the question, by the way, that is, that the ability to
hear the weaker stations can become the limiting factor rather than the
ability to be heard.  Nevertheless, some people have different parameters
than others.

The "needs" (or at least desires) of contesters are a little more extensive
than for DXers, in general.

73 - KE3Q