Re: [TowerTalk] Re phasing antennas

To: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@direcway.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re phasing antennas
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:10:17 -0500
> Thanks for all the great help.Semms as though we run the
gamet here.Some say
> get a TDR and make sure others say just cut them the same
with a ruler and
> have at it.I think I will put them on my MFJ-269 and check
them.Can someone
> refresh my memory:shorted quarter-wave would be an open
or...

Yes, it would measure open. That's why you want to measure
an open odd 1/4 wl.

You also have to be very careful measuring at too high a
frequency, because those peaks and dips get so close
together you might miss by 1/2 wl at the measurement
frequency.

Bill W4ZV gave good advice. If it was my line I'd just make
it all from one hunk cut exactly in half. I'd look at
MULTIPLE impedance zero's and be sure they all agree.

73 Tom