Re: [TowerTalk] Propagation Question on 40 meters

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Propagation Question on 40 meters
From: kb0fhp@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:20:58 +0000
When I lived in MO (we liked to call it misery), I used a very simple and cheap
40M sloper attached to my 45 foot tower.  My transceiver was also very modest -
a Kenwood TS-820S (no amp). Typically I would use only SSB - but I worked VK,
ZL, TY, TZ, JA, 4X, as well as a gaggle of Eu.  While the midwest was difficult
to work into the Middle East, it was usually very easy to work Eu and the
Pacific (although not a convienant times)....

On the east coast now, it is easy to work into the Middle East, but very
difficult to work the Pacific Rim on 40M with modest equipment.....

KB0FHP