Re: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom (such asc31xr)

To: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>,"Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom (such asc31xr)
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:06:03 -0500
I am about to try an SO2R approach for the high bands that involves
splitting my tribander stack and feeding the bottom one with the second
radio while the first radio continues to use the top one.  According to
W2VJN's book you need 45 dB of isolation (at 1500 watts transmitter power)
to be comfortable about not damaging the receiving radio, and much more
than that to have good receiver behavior.  My assumption is that even
30-foot spacing will not be sufficient to give 45 dB, and therefore I need
bandpass filtering, at a minimum.  I also plan to run passive limiters in
both receive antenna lines just in case I screw up - it could get expensive
otherwise.

If my assumption is correct about 30-foot spacing, imagine the difficulty
that a C-31XR would present.  My hat's off to 5B4AGC (I think) for making
it work.

73, Pete N4ZR