[TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 07:54:46 -0500
Simultaneous operation of yagis on a common boom.

Interesting topic.

But it has 'bad idea' written all over it.

I don't care how much modelling or measuring you do.
At best, you'll get a headache.

If VJN calculated 45dB attenuation as the minimum
required, I'd take it to the bank.  I'm guessing that's something
like 75mW being dumped into the 2k ohm input impedance
of the receiver. (or whatever it is) Considerably more than a full-scale
signal.

Cheaper to get some separation and put up a second
antenna.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org