Re: [TowerTalk] A3S

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A3S
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:23:03 +0000
K8fu@aol.com wrote:
> I think I got to verbose in trying to express the swr. With the
> antenna 22' in the air the swr on 10 and 15 were perfect (antenna tuned for
> the
> lower end of  the cw band) but the swr for 30 was 3 to 1.

Assume you meant to type 20 here.

> With the ant on saw horses 3' above the ground the 10 and 15 meter
> readings  remain the same but 20m now exhibits an absolute flat swr @ 13.800
> only 200kc below the targeted freq.
> What's up with this ????????????????????

You have a very serious problem. Which will probably require a
complete disassembly of both the traps and element sections.

Antennas for 15 and 10 do not exhibit 1:1 SWR at 3' above the ground.
Neither do they resonate 200 kHz below the band on 20.

I'd start with disconnecting the coax and hooking it up to a dummy
load first.

And why did you move Reflector traps to the driven element? And what
did you replace them with?

73
Ed