Re: [TowerTalk] simultaneous Horizontal and Vertical antennas

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <garyschafer@comcast.net>,<jimjarvis@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] simultaneous Horizontal and Vertical antennas
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:01:01 -0400
I'm inclined to think that multipath was at the
root of the variations...in the sense that a varying
series of angular arrivals swept across the response
of the antenna.  This is pretty normal.

(I've seen some very extreme multi-path prop's on 40m,
using  a vertical, from  east coast US to JA, in the spring,
where both our dawn short path, and the skew path to the southwest
produced delay differences long enough to make cw
above 15wpm impossible to copy.  But I'm guessing
that's NOT what was going on in this case.)

I read it as vertical arrival angle differences...
not polarization.  Somebody convince me I'm wrong.

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org