[TowerTalk] Erections (Tower)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Erections (Tower)
From: K8fu@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:50:00 EDT
GA To All.............................

Am in the process of installing a 100' self supporting steel twr but am
going to put some guys on it just for my own piece of mind as there are some
pwr
lines abt 60' away.
I've been able to corral 500' of Polygon cable which will handle the guys @
90' but not enough for the set @ 40'. So guess I'll hv to go with steel cable
on  the bottom.
Antennas will be a 40m rotable dipole and a 4L SteppIR.
My question is to whether the bottom set of steel guys need to be broken up
with insulators as they will be 65' below the SteppIR. TIA for your input.

Froggy                 K8FU
Forget Secretaries.................Take a Frog to  Lunch.........