[TowerTalk] Rohn guying for 40 ft tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn guying for 40 ft tower
From: w9rpe@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:14:02 +0000
Currently, I have a Force12 C3SS on 30 feet of Rohn 25g.  The antenna is at the
35 foot level on the mast.  I would like to add one more 10ft stick of 25g this
spring to put the antenna at 45 feet, but I really don't have the realestate to
guy it.

My question:  Do I really need to guy 40 feet of 25g with this lightweight
antenna?  I would estimate the antenna, mast, rotor and hazer to weigh no more
than 60 lbs. combined.

Comments/experience appreciated.

Ron
W9RPE